Do you want to make a difference for the tropical forests of the world? Are you looking for a professional surrounding that supports and challenges you to get the best out of yourself? Then Form International has the ideal job for you!
In 2022, Form International launched its Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) platform Treevive. Treevive accelerates climate finance for forestry projects by offering project owners pre-financed technical assistance to develop their forest carbon project and to market the results, including its biodiversity and local community’s benefits, These results are high-quality carbon credits for companies that want to offset their unavoidable CO₂ emissions, and investment-ready forest projects for investors. For more information about us see: www.forminternational.nl and www.treevive.nl.
Form International is based in Hattem, The Netherlands. The team consists of some 20 people, most of which are experienced forestry professionals, and is characterized by an ambitious yet down-to-earth mentality and a practical, entrepreneurial approach. The organisational structure is open and informal with direct communication lines. There is plenty of room for creativity and knowledge sharing. In order to satisfy the growing demand for our services we are looking for an experienced Forestry Consultant to join our team.
We have a clear mission for 2030: to restore and protect tropical forest landscapes at scale. In order to achieve that we are expanding our team and are looking for an experienced Tropical Forestry Consultant.
As Tropical Forestry Consultant you will work in different project teams to deliver high quality services for a mix of public, private and NGO clients worldwide in the fields of forestry investments, forest landscape restoration, sustainable forest management, forest & climate, certification and agroforestry.
Within Form International’s fields of work:
- Design and preparation of project proposals and budgets
- Project planning and implementation (including travel to project sites)
- Provision of advice to clients and colleagues
- Data analysis and reporting
- Other support work as needed
A hands-on professional with:
- Strong analytical skills
- A relevant education in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field, preferably at academic level
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of sustainable forest management in the tropics, including hands-on (field) experience with forest plantations, agroforestry, and/or landscape restoration projects
- Experience with designing and implementing (agro)forestry business models is an advantage
- Expertise and proven track record in developing forest carbon projects and working with different carbon standards (e.g., Verra, Gold Standard, Plan Vivo) is an advantage
- Practical experience with Environmental and Social Impact Studies and community engagement is an advantage
- Good (intercultural) communication and networking skills
- Ability to innovate and an entrepreneurial attitude. Ready to pitch our proposition to the market
- Excellent language skills in English. French and/or Spanish is an advantage
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis (1 – 2 week periods)
- An impactful and entrepreneurial position with a high degree of independence and responsibility
- A full-time position (at least 32 hours/week)
- Competitive salary and secondary terms of employment, fitting your knowledge and experience
- A tightly-knit team of professional and experienced colleagues, that cooperate in an informal way
- A chance to be part of a growing team in a dynamic environment that is gaining global importance and attention
- An excellent work climate with perspectives for further development
- A flexible working environment with a combination of on-site, office and home-based work
For more information about the position, please reach out to our HR Officer Karin Meijer, +31 (0)38 4448990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe in the added value of diversity in our organization and strive for as much variation as possible in age, gender identities, sexual orientation, origin and cultural background.
You can send your written application and resume to email@example.com citing “Application Forestry Consultant + your name”.
About Form International
Form International is active in the field of tropical forest landscape projects and delivers a wide range of technical and financial forest related consultancy services to clients worldwide. In addition, Form International develops, implements and manages its own tropical forest landscape restoration projects. With 30 years of history Form International is a well-respected brand in the global community of forest management, restoration and protection.