Assistant Director, Terranomics
Terranomics is a UK-based consultancy working internationally with local and global financial systems to support sustainable land use, conservation and climate change solutions. The co-founders have spent the last 20 years working on public and private sector approaches to environmental challenges. Since Terranomics was established in 2016, we have delivered an array of impactful projects for some of the world’s leading financial institutions, impact investors, UN agencies, large NGOs and corporations.
The services Terranomics specialise in are the following:
· Sustainable land-use investment structuring (including carbon and nature-based solutions)
· Designing blended finance programmes for coastal and marine projects
· Supporting green and blue business growth, including designing and operating incubators and accelerators
· Finance sector analysis
· Measurement, impact and evaluation
· Developing project proposals and concept notes for multilateral funds and agencies
Some examples of projects we are currently working on include:
· Help for companies embedding ‘nature positive’ into their sustainability strategies
· Project origination and development support for conservation-focused ‘bankable’ projects and accelerators/incubators
· Support to organisations with concept notes and proposals for entities such as the Global Fund for Coral Reefs, the Green Climate Fund and the Global Environment Facility
· Support tools and advice for conservation-focused entities to access private investment and to engage mainstream capital markets
Information on our clients and on our services can be found at www.terranomics.org.
Terranomics has a growing portfolio of exciting global client assignments in the areas outlined above. We are seeking an Assistant Director to join the leadership team in further developing existing and new business areas for the company. Primary responsibilities will include:
· Leading the delivery of client consulting assignments;
· Participating in strategic decision-making for the company and leading key parts of our organisational development;
· Leading business development in a range of existing and potentially new thematic areas;
· Overseeing and supporting the development of more junior team members; and
· Leading junior-level staff recruitment
This is an excellent opportunity to take a leadership position in a growing consultancy with a significant opportunity for career development in an environment where individual creativity and entrepreneurship are strongly encouraged.
We are a small team currently but have a global footprint of diverse projects greater than most consultancies of our size. A key piece of our business strategy is to ensure we pursue projects with demonstrable positive impact. You will be a part of helping shape and deliver this ‘impact first’ philosophy.
The role will be full time and the location is flexible. The Terranomics team is currently largely based across the UK, though remote candidates will also be considered within US or European time zones.
Experience and skills required
· One of or both of the following:
o A post-graduate qualification in a business, financial or economic discipline looking to apply these skills to the world of sustainable land-use and nature conservation; OR
o A post-graduate qualification in natural resource management, ecology and other relevant conservation or carbon-related fields
· Demonstrated passion for the topic of mobilising private finance for sustainable land-use, marine and conservation objectives
· 10+ years working experience in a related field, including management of consulting teams
· Excellent research and analytical skills, including quantitative and financial analysis
· Ability to write in clear, business-friendly language
· Strong team-player with excellent verbal communication skills
· Proven experience in overseeing and supporting the development of more junior team members
· Excellent presentation skills and the ability to convince senior stakeholders of your argument
· Ability to quality assure and feedback on the work of colleagues in a productive, collaborative manner
· Ability to develop organisational policies, processes and external communications materials
· Entrepreneurial spirit with an interest in being part of a start-up environment with excellent growth potential
· A strong sense of initiative and resilience
· Comfortable with working independently and either remotely or in-person
· Fluency in English (additional languages such as Spanish, Portuguese and French will be considered a plus)
A competitive salary and pension is provided, along with performance-based bonuses and profit share arrangements.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-page cover letter describing your motivation and suitability for the role. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so applying at your earliest convenience is encouraged.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We welcome applications from all sections of society and seek diversity in our team. We aim to ensure equal and fair treatment of all job applicants and employees. In case you require any adjustments or accommodations, please let us know when applying for the role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com