WeForest is a Belgium-based non-profit organization, which works with communities and local partners to develop scalable Forest Landscape Restoration projects mostly in tropical regions to sustain nature’s
diversity, benefit our climate, and support human well-being. Since 2009 we have grown very fast: after having restored 22,000ha, we recently developed a project capacity to reach 85,000ha (100 million trees) by 2024.
Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate and drive through robust processes, and tools the steep growth curve of the organization.
- Support the management team in identifying, verifying, analyzing, and implementing process improvement , tools and process re-engineering opportunities.
- Provide technical and analytical support for process improvement initiatives.
- Perform project management, analytics, and measures to ensure milestones are met and deliverables achieved.
- Coordinate with various teams to analyze project results and performance.
- Identify and manage resources to deliver effective solutions. · Ensure that the team works in accordance with the approved company operating policies, procedures, practices and methods.
Has direct responsibility over legal processes:
- Legal and risk mitigation guidance
- Contract standardization
- Legal advisors’ mgmt.
- Due diligence of partners and sponsors
- New legal entity creation
Will drive process excellence:
- IT systems optimization and integration
- Business process reengineering,
- Product structuring,
- Standardization of our contracts and offering
Educational Background A Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. Business, Legal, Finance) is preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a successful leader in process excellence, tax or legal.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to work well in cross-functional teams and drive for results and efficiency
- Strong communications and collaboration skills. Dynamic and alignment-building with internal stakeholder groups.
- Excellent English, second language preferably French.
How to Apply
Please send your complete application to email@example.com (mentioning the job title in the subject of the email) which must include your CV, a motivation letter, 2 recent referees (who will only be contacted after selection stage). The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
WeForest is a science-based international non-profit established in Belgium and France that specializes in engaging companies to act for CLIMATE, PLANET and PEOPLE. Our FOREST LANDSCAPE RESTORATION projects in tropical countries directly deliver on 8 of the 17 SDGs and transform entire regions.
Corporates fund the planting of trees and engage through CARBON COMPENSATION SCHEMES and creative IMPACT MARKETING CAMPAIGNS.
The IPCC report (October 7th, 2018) stated that, amongst others, we need to restore 10 million square kilometres of forest (equal to the size of the USA) to stay within the 2 degree celsius global warming.
We believe it is possible and need more committed companies to join the hundred of partners already engaged in this global movement.