Unique is seeking to recruit a senior consultant with special expertise in modern forest monitoring for our forestry department. We are developing and implementing services for forest monitoring based on inventories and remote sensing. We are using mobile data collection systems and develop data analysis tools for our clients. Biodiversity, nature protection and carbon impact monitoring are increasingly required from our private and public clients.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Forest enterprise, regional and large-scale forest inventories
• Developing and applying remote sensing-based inventory (LIDAR, SAT, Aerial images) tools, land use and land cover analysis, deforestation and forest degradation monitoring
• Design and analysis of terrestrial inventories in forests or agroforestry production systems in close cooperation with team members and our clients across the globe
• Work closely with the other technical divisions (climate, agriculture and rural development) on projects around the globe
• Develop innovative solutions in the area of forest and land use monitoring with our clients and the experts of our Monitoring Team
Required qualifications and expertise
• Master’s degree (or PhD) in forestry or similar life sciences with a strong focus on inventories, monitoring and forest management planning
• Work experiences in forest or agroforestry related inventories, remote sensing-based forest and land-use monitoring, the related statistics, spatial analytics and/or forest management planning
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
• Technical knowledge and work experience in GIS and remote sensing and inventories
• Experience in (spatial) statistic or modelling are an additional asset
• Technical knowledge in R and/or Python
• Proficiency in English and German is a must, Spanish or Russian skills would be a plus
• You are enthusiastic about sustainable development
Duty station will be at Unique headquarters in Freiburg, Germany, with occasional short-term missions into project countries.
Unique offers a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high degree of autonomy.
Our culture is based on a flat hierarchy and infused with a collaborative spirit. We have a diverse and highly motivated international team.
We offer a wide range of benefits, including: competitive salary with bonus, support with the retirement plan, flexible work arrangements (home office), modern work space, bike leasing,
Yoga lessons, organic fruits, free coffee/tea, and team events.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) until 15th of August 2022 to email@example.com. For consideration of your application, please refer to “Senior expert
for our Monitoring Team” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Are you eager to make our vision “Transforming land use towards an inclusive and sustainable future for all” a reality?
When can we welcome you in the attractive and green city of Freiburg right next to the Black Forest?
About Unique Land use
Unique land use GmbH is a leading consulting firm for sustainable natural resource anagement, with a focus on forestry, agriculture and climate change. Our company is located in Freiburg, in the Southwest of Germany, and has several international offices, e.g., in Paraguay,East Africa, Kyrgyzstan, and Vietnam.
In addition to our consultancy work, our sister companies are a growing property manager responsible of currently 20,000 ha of commercial FSC certified forest plantations, including silvopastoral systems in Paraguay.