This is an exciting and unique internship opportunity supporting key conservation professionals in Madagascar. This position will focus on data input and data cleansing, with some initial analysis. It is ideal for a motivated individual interested in learning new skills and gaining practical experience whilst working remotely with an established conservation research team.
About the Organisation
SEED Madagascar is a British Charity working in partnership with communities in the southeast of Madagascar. We integrate high quality community health, livelihoods, education infrastructure and conservation programmes to support sustainable change and add to international best practice through research and publication across all of our programmatic areas.
Timeframe: 6 months extendable – flexible 2 days a week
Contract: Voluntary, unsalaried
Reporting to: Conservation Research Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for data organisation, input and occasional analysis across the range of data collected from the field.
- Working with the wider environment team in inputting into technical reports.
- Working closely with the communications team in promoting the research through producing social media posts, blogs and highlighting interesting facts from the field reports.
- Working closely with the SCRP team in developing education opportunities within the community in which SEED’s research team are based.
Any other tasks the Conservation Research Coordinator deems necessary within the broad remit of this role.
- Hold or be studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in or relating to conservation or have comparable field experience.
Have experience inputting and managing datasets.
- Have experience applying software, preferably R or Python, for data manipulation and analysis.
- Proven high standard of written and verbal communication and editing skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to SEED’s ethos and approach and be a good ambassador for the organisation at all times.
- Be punctual and be able to work to tight deadlines in an organised manner and to a high standard.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet targets and deadlines.
- Proactive, creative and resourceful.
- Experience of collaborative team working as well as being able to work independently.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills and a flexible and patient attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Be able to financially support themselves for the duration of their internship as there is no stipend available for travel.
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter outlining how their skills and experience match the requirements in the role description and detailing why they wish to be considered for this post to Lisa Bass by email on Lisa@seedmadagascar.org. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Application Deadline: Friday 31st March 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
SEED Madagascar actively encourages equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and aims to create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org