The incumbent will be responsible for IT-related operations: react native-based mobile app development, web portal/dashboard development for displaying the collected data with admin rights and restricted rights, as well as the development of the sophisticated website/Dashboard for the project, graphics designing, and IVR-based call center establishment.
Summary of responsibilities
- Contribute to developing web-based platforms (Dashboard), smartphone-based geospatial applications, and decision support tools.
- Develop a sophisticated mobile application and/or update existing one that will aid the expansion of tree planting; monitor the progress; site suitability recommendation, link to inputs supply chains, and market information, etc.
- Dashboard development for mobile app data displaying with full and restricted user rights.
- Experience in Graphic Designing.
- Assist in API development and comprehensively displaying its data on the dashboard.
- Experience in the call center (IVR-based) establishment
- Be responsible for complete front-end and back-end development & maintenance.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Experience in word press-based web pages development, maintaining project websites and updating them periodically including graphics designing
- Work closely with design & product teams to integrate, implement & improve features.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and implement them into the current code base.
- Attend to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
Education, knowledge and experience:
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in computer science/technology or relevant field with proven experience in mobile and web based scientific software and tools designing skills.
- A sound understanding and prior experience of the map, GPS, and Geoinformatics-related app/software/tools development is required, preferably in agriculture, forestry, or agroforestry related fields.
- At least 3 years of working experience on react native based app development and website dashboard designing.
- IVR-based call center establishment experience.
- Experienced with storage, database management, threading, and performance tuning.
- Excellent Analytical skills, computer skills: MS-Office, Internet Explorer, MS-Outlook, and power point presentation.
- Knowledge and experience in, participatory and community-based data collection form designing for ODK collect.
- Graphic designing experience
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, but also lead and participate as a team member in the accomplishment of duties.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient workflow
- Strong flexibility/adaptability and positive attitude toward work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be in New Delhi / anywhere in India.
- The application deadline is 20 January until we find a suitable candidate
- We will acknowledge all applications but will only contact short-listed candidates.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
CIFOR-ICRAF has its discretion for qualification and disqualification criteria as per suitability and availability of candidates or cancel the hiring at all.
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to todays most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.