The Project Monitoring Coordinator will work closely with our country-level monitoring teams to support monitoring and evaluation of reforestation projects. The Project Monitoring Coordinator will coordinate the delivery, management, and analysis of monitoring data generated by the country-level monitoring teams. The position requires careful attention to detail, day-to-day management of Eden’s reforestation project database, and regular communication with in-country monitoring teams. The Project Monitoring Coordinator will be based out of the Glendora office (remote work negotiable) and will report to the International Operations Director.
Reforestation Site Inventory
- Manage Eden’s project database and regularly map new and potential reforestation sites
- Create and manage site profiles summarizing unique features for each reforestation site
- Coordinate with international teams to organize and track the development of potential planting sites from each project nation to ensure that reforestation projects are ready for future partnerships
- Provide polygon maps and GPS photo verification support for partner groups as needed by the Development Department
- Coordinate the collection, management, and analysis of monitoring data and track progress towards completion of reforestation projects
- Conduct business partner reports
- Provide technical support to in-country monitoring teams to facilitate forest inventory and socioeconomic surveys
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring project schedules
- Organizing and participating in monitoring meetings with international teams
- Documenting and following up on necessary actions and decisions from meetings
- Coordinating monitoring needs and project support for international teams
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and communicating field challenges to the Development Department
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment to solve problems and achieve shared goals
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations, with the ability to be a self-starter and find solutions without guidance
- International and cross-cultural experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science or 3+ Years of Relevant Experience
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps
- Experience with mapping software such as Google Earth, QGIS, and ArcMap is required
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Experience working with diverse groups and communicating effectively
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates to share a brief cover letter and resume to: PeopleOps@edenprojects.org
Please be aware ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Eden Reforestation Projects is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
About Eden Reforestation Projects
Eden Reforestation Projects is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that plants millions of trees every year on the behalf of donors, businesses, and foundations.
Our mission is to recreate healthy forest systems that restore hope, alleviate suffering, empower people, and build local economies in impoverished communities.
Our objective, which we hope to achieve by the year 2020, is to plant a minimum of 100 million trees each year and to offer hope through the employment of tens of thousands of people in countries where poverty is rampant.
By keeping our overhead costs low, we are now recognized as one of the most cost-effective reforestation projects on the planet. While our primary goal was to lift people out of extreme poverty, we have also become a model for environmental restoration and land management.