Would you like to support companies in sustainable forest management? Are you familiar with FSC or PEFC standards? NEPCon is currently looking for a
Verification specialist with experience in Bulgarian forest or timber sector
NEPCon´s activities and services in Bulgaria are growing significantly as a result of our professional reputation and results. We are therefore looking for an additional colleague to service our growing portfolio of clients asking for certification within various international schemes supporting environmental sustainability (e.g FSC® and PEFC).
About the job:
Your job will be to evaluate and verify (i.e., conduct an audit) whether clients comply with the sustainability standards, based on client interviews, analysis of documentation, site visits and samples in order to issue or maintain a certificate. Your main tasks will be to plan, conduct and administer client visits. The main task of the position is auditing, but tasks in the position are multifaceted and some of them will be:
· Liaise with new and existing clients on our certification services and related questions.
· Execute and coordinate audits (including leading in audits, communication with clients, and finalising and reviewing reports.)
· Administrative tasks related to your audits.
· Manage questions and disputes relating to active certification evaluations and clients.
· Develop a strong technical expertise, and keep it updated and potentially develop for other services.
· Participate in and give input to further development of NEPCon’s services to the timber industry.
· Other duties as assigned.
You will be joining a vibrant and friendly local NEPCon team in Bulgaria, who are engaged in what we do. We are working with audits as well as various environmental projects in forestry and agricultural sectors in Bulgaria and abroad, together with the rest of the 100+ NEPCon staff internationally.
There are many ways to qualify for this position… follow this link to read the full advertisement and see how to apply.
About NEPCon: NEPCon is a mission-driven organisation working to ensure responsible use of natural resources worldwide. Our core activity areas are certification, capacity building and environmental projects in forestry, wood processing and agricultural sectors. NEPCon has engaged in sustainability services, working with well-recognized certification schemes such as FSC, PEFC, and Sustainable Biomass Partnership (SBP). Headquartered in Denmark, NEPCon has 100+ staff located around Europe, Russia, U.S., Australia and Asia. For further information visit www.nepcon.org