We are looking for an experienced (VCS) project development and certification specialist to help create and manage the first set of certifiable Paris-Era reforestation NCS projects in Europe (with more locations to follow). You will play a critical role by taking our global plantings through the project development and registration cycle – interacting with stakeholders, auditors and standard bodies as well as streamlining and managing the relevant internal and MRV processes over time. In addition to that, you will also help us track, engage and shape the latest market, policy and technological developments in a world transitioning towards net zero.
This role is preferably Amsterdam-based but remote-working can be considered, too. You will report into the Head of Product. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage (VCS) project registration: including (co)-authoring project descriptions, liaising with auditors and standards on the validation and registration processes as well as navigating the intricacies of e.g. double counting & increasing use of technologies
- Project MRV management: as our forests mature, manage and oversee the monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) process over time.
- Process coordination: create or finetune internal processes, check-lists and scientific-/monitoring designs together with our excellent Ops and Tech team. This means both coordinating with people and working with the latest technologies in forestry, remote sensing and machine learning.
- Policy & market intel support: tracking and providing thought leadership to policy-, market- and standard developments like the ongoing initiatives of SBTi, GHG Protocol, etc. and potentially making adjustments to our NCS offerings
This is you
We are interested in someone who’s excited about what we do and possesses the following profiles:
Someone who has:
- (MUST) Professional fluency in both verbal and written English
- (MUST) In-depth knowledge of the latest VCS and CDM methodologies for A/R (afforestation/reforestation) projects, preferably also GS4GG, CAR and/or ACR.
- (MUST) 3+ years of recent experiences & track records in A/R project development, registration and verification with the aforementioned standards
- Knowledge/experiences in standards like SD Vista and CCB is a plus
- Proficiency in GIS software (preferably QGIS); use of PyQGIS is highly valued
- Knowledge with geographical databases and expertise in remote sensing analysis, such as obtaining and processing LIDAR, UAV and/or Satellite high-resolution data, are highly valued
- A valid work permit in the Netherlands is highly preferred
Someone who is:
- A critical thinker and skilled communicator, who’s used to offering constructive feedback and ideas/insights well-substantiated with context, data and logic
- Able to thrive in a scale-up environment, who can self-manage but also knows when to seek help and support others
- Proactive, process oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously – affinities with G-Suite, Slack, Asana and Trello is a plus
- Willing to travel as needed (e.g. during validation/verification cycles)
How to apply
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so interviews will start on a rolling basis. Please submit by email your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. References may be part of the recruitment process.
About Land Life Company
Land Life Company is a technology-driven reforestation company that plants trees at scale, offering corporations and organizations a sustainable and transparent way to take climate action and compensate carbon emissions through nature restoration. With a mission to restore the 2 billion hectares of degraded land in the world, Land Life Company applies data and technology, such as drones, artificial intelligence and monitoring applications, to every step of the planting process. Planting trees where it is needed most, Land Life Company’s projects revitalize important ecosystems, improve biodiversity and create social and economic benefits to local communities. It’s impact you can see!