Tasks and responsibilities
• Steer a growing project portfolio of investor services and analytics
• Manage and further develop an international team of experts including staff development, technical development, and financial planning and controlling of team budgets
• Work closely with clients from the financial sector, development organizations and private
companies to build effective working relationships
• Support our clients to develop new investment projects
• Prepare technical and financial proposals, participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships to support core business activities
Required qualifications and expertise
• Master’s degree in forestry, agribusiness or economics
• 5+ years of work experience with management responsibility
• Proven professional competence in the field of forestry sectors, agribusiness or land use related investments
• Proven analytical and project management skills
• Willingness to travel internationally
• Strong in communication, client relationship
• Ability to work in English and ideally Spanish, paired with excellent writing skills
• Proficiency with MS Office; excellence in MS Excel
Duty station will be at Unique headquarters in Freiburg, Germany, with occasional short-term
missions into project countries.
Unique offers a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high degree of autonomy.
Our culture is based on a flat hierarchy and infused with a collaborative spirit.
Unique is a diverse and highly motivated international team. We offer flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefit package, including Jobrad (bike leasing), weekly
organic fruits, and regular sports events.
Applications from women are particularly welcome.
Please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com
For consideration of your application, please refer to “Head of Markets and Forest Investments”
in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications in pdf-format will be accepted.
About UNIQUE forestry and land use GmbH
unique land use GmbH is a leading consulting firm for sustainable natural resource management, with a focus on forestry, agriculture and climate change. Our company is located in
Freiburg, in the Southwest of Germany, and has several international offices, e.g. in Paraguay,
East Africa, Kyrgyzstan, and Vietnam.
In addition to our consultancy work, our sister companies are a growing property manager responsible of currently 15,000 ha of commercial FSC certified forest plantations, including silvipastoral systems in Paraguay.