Brainforest delivers scalable solutions to the climate crisis in the form
of different impact ventures which act as an ecosystem to unlock capital
for more forests. Brainforest is a Swiss for-impact organisation with tax-exempt status that is striving for game-changing solutions to unlock the full climate potential of forests at speed, scale, and environmental/social quality. This is achieved by understanding existing market barriers, identifying solutions, developing new business models, and scaling them, all in coalition with existing organisations for global and rapid market reach. Brainforest operates as a Venture Studio for Forests & Climate and
is the only venture studio worldwide exclusively focussed on forests
with dedicated industry specialists and a global network. We create real impact in accordance with the Brainforest Way
• Leadership team member with direct report to the board (depending on leadership experience)
• Develop and lead the Brainforest lab team (depending on leadership experience)
• Develop new forest solutions/ventures with the Brainforest lab team and partners
• Collaborate with and support existing Brainforest ventures (provide the venture teams with forestry expertise, develop and lead pilot forest projects where necessary, hands-on support to building out the ventures solutions if required)
• Challenge the status quo and set the course for successful development of the organization
• Join a highly dynamic team and ecosystem of ventures composed of experts in forestry, venture building and sustainable business, set to grow fast within the coming years!
Requirements for the position
• Master degree (M.Sc.)[or equivalent in relevant sector experience] in a relevant field e.g. forest sciences, environmental management or similar from an accredited university
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in positions that are relevant, ideally at the intersection of forests and climate (natural climate solutions)
• Knowledge and experience in the area of carbon-smart forestry and CO2 markets are a big plus
• Knowledge and experience in the area of remote sensing and/or data science is a plus
• Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience is a big plus
• Private sector and/or consultancy experience is a plus
• Desire and capacity for learning, self-management and self-leadership, teamwork, and to contribute in a proactive and generous way with your own ideas.
• High motivation to stay up to date on technological advances and innovation for forestry and nature based solutions.
• Passionate about forests, solutions to the climate crisis and an advocate of large-scale forest restoration
• Opportunity to shape the venture studio that contributes to climate change mitigation
• Dynamic, caring, high purpose and mission-driven work environment
• Global work environment and real impact
• Cooperation with renowned experts and chance to extend your network
→ Contractual aspects
• Open-ended full-time contract
• Fair and (within a start-up environment) competitive compensation package
• With equity incentive structures (when contributing to ventures)
Please apply by sending a letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brainforest is a non-profit association developing an impact driven venture studio for forests. Enabled by Engagement, a development fund of the Migros Group, we are striving for game-changing solutions to unlock the full climate potential of forests at speed, scale, and quality.
We start with three focus areas:
1. Measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) of forest carbon enabled by high-resolution remote sensing and machine learning.
2. Connectivity of supply and demand of forest carbon in a trustable way.
3. Innovative financing mechanisms to unlock all forests value.