1. Project and budget management support
Track the delivery of the projects under the Finance Sector programme, in close collaboration with the Senior Project Manager and Finance Officer. This includes:
- Tracking contracts and deliverables from sub-contractors & project partners.
- Tracking progress in delivering the work plan and expenditure against the budget, updating the project work plan and budget as required.
- Preparing reports on monthly project progress for the GCP Programme Director.
- Managing and coding invoices.
2. Events organisation and communications support
- Help with the organisation of meetings, workshops, webinars and travel.
- Lead on event and travel logistics arrangements.
- Support communications team with marketing activities, including social media and other channels, and maintaining the contact relationship management system.
3. Project administration
- Support preparation of contracts and terms of reference.
- Prepare materials for meetings and take minutes.
- Support compilation of information for donor reporting.
- Other administrative support as required.
- Play an active role in GCP’s ongoing development as a member of a small, dynamic team.
- Contribute to GCP’s other activities as appropriate.
- Other duties commensurate with the post and as required.
About Global Canopy Programme
Global Canopy is an agile and entrepreneurial charity with an outsized impact. Our aim is to end large-scale deforestation, a global problem with huge hidden costs for people and prosperity.
We work smart, by focusing on the big market levers driving deforestation at regional, national and international levels. And we bring a fresh approach to identifying, targeting, and mobilising action among the key powerbrokers - the governments, businesses and financial institutions worldwide - with the power to end this global ‘deforestation economy’. Increasingly, we also address related environmental and social impacts caused by the same market dynamics that are converting the world’s rainforests into land for agricultural commodities: our systemic failure to account for the vital benefits we receive from nature.
Over the last 16 years we have built up a strong track record and an international reputation for innovation and effectiveness. For more on our work see: www.globalcanopy.org; and for flagship initiatives falling under our 3 key
programmatic areas: www.trase.earth, www.naturalcapitaldeclaration.org and www.financingsustainablelandscapes.org