We ALL know the planet is in trouble. But can YOU help save it? Do you want to jump out of bed every day with a real purpose? A purpose you believe in. A purpose to make a difference. A purpose to protect our perfect planet.Then Vertis needs you.
We are Vertis – the environmental experts that inspire, empower and transform businesses to a low carbon economy. Our mission? Zero emissions.
Our climate action division are the unsung heroes in getting things done to save the planet. We help large corporate players all across Europe with carbon offsetting and sustainability consulting. When people ask, “How can I solve this problem sustainably?” – we know the answer.
The international voluntary carbon market is growing fast. It’s exciting. It’s always changing. It’s an opportunity to be a force of good. There are many exciting things on the horizon at Vertis. You could be part of it.
As a Forestry & Soil Carbon Consultant you will be an important member of the Climate Action team – responsible for evaluating and developing soil carbon and forestry emission reduction projects. You’ll be building a greener world from the ground up.
- Planning, coordination and management of carbon offset projects and processes in the voluntary carbon market – i.e. certification of emission reductions, by relevant standards (CDM, VERRA, Gold Standard, etc). You’ll be responsible for taking projects from pre-feasibility through to project validation, registration, monitoring, verification and offset issuance. You will bring projects to life.
- Identify new opportunities in forestry and soil carbon, prepare carbon offsetting proposals, perform due diligence on projects added to our portfolio, first-level research and review on emission reduction projects worldwide.
- Liaise with project owners, project stakeholders, and clients on soil carbon and forestry projects.
- Prepare and deliver high-quality consultancy reports in English.
- Research topics, including emerging trends and new opportunities around regenerative projects, forestry and soil carbon, carbon markets, and related sustainability topics.
- Be actively involved in the Climate Action team’s strategic development and management for your field of expertise.
- Contribute to discussions with Vertis clients interested in on-demand project development in nature-based carbon projects.
- Represent Vertis as an expert in your field in media or events when required.
- Forestry Science or Engineering, Environmental Sciences University degree, or related disciplines.
- Understanding of REDD+, land use policy and finance.
- 5-10 years’ proven experience in forestry and/or soil carbon, and specifically a track record in the development of emission reduction projects under some of the internationally recognised standards (VCS, GS, CDM, CAR, ACR…) and methodologies.
- Proven knowledge and network in the relevant fields.
- Strong interest in Sustainability and Climate Change.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Curious to learn and passionate to create solutions to large, global problems.
- Project management and stakeholder coordination skills, attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team.
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year.
About Vertis Environmental Finance
Established in 1998, Vertis Environmental Finance was one of the first companies in the world to be involved in the carbon markets, helping companies to get a better understanding of the carbon markets and to finance emission reduction investments. Today Vertis is one of the largest companies focusing on environmental commodities trading, aviation carbon, renewable energy, energy efficiency and the voluntary carbon markets.
From our offices in Budapest, Brussels, Madrid and Warsaw we work with over 1,500 clients helping them with their environmental compliance needs, as well as finding the best ways to achieve beyond compliance climate action. Our multinational team of experts, direct access to two exchanges (ICE and EEX) and OTC trading relationships with over 1,000 operators and financial institutions across Europe guarantee best prices, fast and safe transaction processes and most of all award winning* personal service.