The international voluntary carbon market is growing fast and there are many exciting things on the horizon at Vertis. You could be part of it.
As a Forestry & Soil Carbon Consultant you will be an important member of the Climate Action team – you will take the lead and be our resident expert for evaluating and developing soil carbon and forestry emission reduction projects.
- Taking the lead at Vertis for strategic planning, coordination and management of forestry and soil carbon offset projects and processes in the voluntary carbon market – i.e. certification of emission reductions, by relevant standards (CDM, VERRA, Gold Standard, etc). You’ll be responsible for taking projects from pre-feasibility through to project validation, registration, monitoring, verification and offset issuance.
- Identify new opportunities in forestry and soil carbon, prepare carbon offsetting proposals, perform due diligence on projects added to our portfolio, first-level research and review on emission reduction projects worldwide.
- Liaise with project owners, project stakeholders, and clients on soil carbon and forestry projects.
- Prepare and deliver high-quality consultancy reports in English.
- Research topics, including emerging trends and new opportunities around regenerative projects, forestry and soil carbon, carbon markets, and related sustainability topics.
- Be actively involved in the Climate Action team’s strategic development and management for your field of expertise.
- Contribute to discussions with Vertis clients interested in on-demand project development in nature-based carbon projects.
- Represent Vertis as an expert in your field in media or events when required.
- 5-10 years’ proven experience in forestry and/or soil carbon, and specifically a track record in the development of emission reduction projects under some of the internationally recognized standards (VCS, GS, CDM, CAR, ACR…) and methodologies.
- Deep understanding of REDD+, land use policy and finance.
- Forestry Science or Engineering, Environmental Sciences University degree, or related disciplines.
- Proven knowledge and network in the relevant fields.
- Strong interest in Sustainability and Climate Change.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Curious to learn and passionate to create solutions to large, global problems.
- Project management and stakeholder coordination skills, attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team.
Vertis complies with all GDPR requirements and we keep your personal data in our database for no more than 1 year.
About Vertis Environmental Finance
Established in 1998, Vertis Environmental Finance was one of the first companies in the world to be involved on carbon markets and to help companies finance emission reduction investments. Today, with offices in Brussels, Madrid, Budapest and Warsaw, Vertis offers award-winning services in helping their partners to have a better understanding of the carbon markets and access the necessary tools to empower their businesses to adopt a carbon neutral model of growth.