Bureau of Nordic Family Forestry (NSF) and Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF) are seeking an enthusiastic Forest Policy Adviser to Brussels
The Nordic family forest owners’ national organizations are represented at EU level in Brussels by a joint lobbying office – Bureau of Nordic Family Forestry (NSF). NSF has four members: MTK in Finland, LRF in Sweden, Dansk Skovforening in Denmark, and Norges Skogeierforbund in Norway. These four organisations are also members of the Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF) which represents national forest owners’ organisations from all over Europe.
NSF and CEPF are now searching for a Nordic Forest Policy Adviser working for both organisations.
Description of work:
- Following, analyzing and reporting on relevant forest-related EU policies of the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Council, as well as on relevant processes on pan-European and global levels in particular on bioeconomy, climate and energy, carbon removal certification, sustainable finance, and research and innovation.
- Drafting positions: letters, statements, position papers, answer to public consultations, press releases
- Representing European and especially Nordic forest owners’ interest in EU’s decision-making processes
- Gathering and analysing information at EU and national level in areas of the interest of forest owners.
- Representing CEPF and NSF in relevant expert groups and events organised by EU institutions or stakeholders.
- Contributing to NSF’s and CEPF’s internal and external communication activities.
The Forest Policy Adviser is supervised by and reports to the NSF Forest Directors and CEPF Secretary General for the different tasks assigned.
Competencies and skills:
- Academic degree, where forest sciences represent a strong asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in forest-related EU policies.
- Solid understanding of functioning of EU institutions and EU policy making.
- Full professional proficiency (spoken and written) in English. Knowledge of Nordic languages represents an additional asset.
- Knowledge in Nordic forests and forest management.
- Ability to be self-driven and work independently but also enjoys working part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and to meet tight deadlines.
What we offer:
- A great opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in international forest policy and a possibility to participate and influence forest-related EU policy framework.
- Open ended contract based in Brussels.
- A friendly, dynamic and international working environment.
- Lunch vouchers, hospital insurance, home working allowance.
- Salary to be determined based on experience.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
Please send your application with CV and a short cover letter ASAP and no later than 27 March, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Should you have any questions, please contact Maria Pohjala +32 473 73 70 38
About Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF)
The Confederation of European Forest Owners (CEPF) represents national forest owner organisations in Europe. It serves the interests of the approximately 16 million forest owners. They are private individuals, families and cooperatives who take care of about 60% of the forest area within Europe.