EFI’s Mediterranean Facility (EFIMED) focuses on creating sustainable value from Mediterranean forested landscapes. Our newly established Genetic Resources Facility (EFIGEN) provides a European hub for forest genetic resources, promoting research, policy advice and networking. More about EFI’s Mediterranean and Genetic Resources Facilities can be found on our website.
The communications trainee will be working with colleagues on various communication and dissemination activities and projects, including:
- Help maintain our social media channels and support the communications team in the preparation of newsletters, web posts and blog content
- Assist in the preparation of communication products, infographics, visual and video materials, and their dissemination
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Assist the planning of events according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- A university degree related to communications, environment or related fields
- Practical experience with website and social media content management
- Ideally with training or skills in at least one of the following: video editing; graphic design; photography; or podcasts
- Fluent in English; Spanish and / or other Mediterranean languages are an asset
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), WordPress or similar CMS
Duration: 4-6 months, starting immediately, as soon as candidate is identified.
Other info: Please note that if you are part of the Spanish Social Security system to carry out the traineeship you must be attending a university and the traineeship is part of your study requirements.
Traineeship location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact persons: Giuseppe Tripodi (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sarah Adams (email@example.com)
About The European Forest Institute
The European Forest Institute (EFI) is a pan-European international organization. We have 30 Member Countries, and c.130 member organizations from 40 different countries working in diverse research fields. We conduct research and provide policy support on forest-related issues.
Our dual membership, together with our staff of over 100 experts, is our most important asset. It places EFI in a unique position to generate, connect and share knowledge at the interface between science and policy.