CDP is seeking a project manager with excellent relationship-building and project management skills to contribute to its work addressing commodity-driven deforestation. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter who enjoys taking ownership of a project, and thrives in a varied and autonomous environment.
CDP works with the private sector to remove commodity-driven deforestation from global supply chains. This role will develop and deliver a new project to integrate CDP’s existing work addressing deforestation more deeply into Southeast Asia, in particular Indonesia, by engaging the private sector to implement deforestation-free policies in palm oil supply chains.
Successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of the project, including: project design and development; working with the private sector in Indonesia and throughout Southeast Asia; developing partnerships throughout the region; and working with CDP’s existing forests and supply chain teams to deliver this unique and innovative project. This role will deliver the first 4 months of work of what is planned to be a multi-year project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and delivering the project against the work-plan and to budget;
- Managing relationships with project partners;
- Engaging with companies on deforestation in supply chains (through one-to-one meetings, presentations and workshops);
- Convening and attending events;
- Helping to develop educational and training materials for company procurement teams;
- Advising the project on regional best practice.
- A university degree in Environment, Forest Engineering, Sustainability or a related subject. Post-Grad/MBA will be an advantage;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management;
- Expertise in the drivers of deforestation in palm oil supply chains, and key geographies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A good level of self-motivation and drive;
- Track-record of working effectively with multiple project partners;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- A good team player with the ability to work with and develop relationships with colleagues around the world;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesian strongly preferred.
- Good networks within the private sector, governments and civil society engaged in agricultural commodity production and trade in key geographies;
- Experience of/strong knowledge of two or more of the following themes within forest risk commodity supply chains: procurement, regulatory context, certification & multi-stakeholder roundtables, zero deforestation commitments;
- Previous exposure to and understanding of sales lead generation.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in Hong Kong.
The length of the contract is 4 months, with the possibility of a twelve-month extension
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Forests Manager: Hong Kong’ in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 8th December, 2017.
CDP wants to see a thriving economy that works for people and planet in the long term. To do this we focus investors, companies and cities on taking urgent action to build a truly sustainable economy by measuring and understanding their environmental impact.
To achieve this, CDP, formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project, runs the global disclosure system that enables companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their environmental impacts. We have built the most comprehensive collection of self-reported environmental data in the world.
Our network of investors and purchasers, representing over $100 trillion, along with policy makers around the globe, use our data and insights to make better-informed decisions. Through our offices and partners in 50 countries we have driven unprecedented levels of environmental disclosure.